EarlyOn Team Leader
Coordinates and leads the delivery of all services at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre- Ottawa South
- To perform duties in accordance with the mission statement and core values of AFCS and the mandate of the EarlyON Child and Family Centre.
- To provides services to meet the early years needs of children 0 to 6 and their parents or caregivers in the Ottawa South community. The services will be accessible to all families, regardless of socio-economic background, culture, language or special needs, and will help children develop to their full potential.
- To assume a supervisory and leadership role to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre team.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supervises and mentors EarlyON program employees, students and volunteers; schedules work and assigns responsibilities; chairs team meetings; participates in staff hiring and development; facilitates communication among staff; arranges for replacement staff as needed; acts as role model and provides leadership to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre team.
- Participates in ongoing program planning & evaluation to ensure high quality of service delivery.
- Coordinates and provides information, workshops and advice to parents/caregivers on such topics as parenting, developmental milestones, pre/post-natal care.
- Provides information and assists parents and caregivers to link to other early years programs and services in the community, such as child care services, health services, assessment services and recreation programs.
- Maintains and develops EarlyON information and resources
- Manages website information related to the program.
- Identifies parents/caregivers training needs; develops training plans and arranges workshops to meet identified needs; plans and delivers the workshops when needed.
- Ensures staff remain current and knowledgeable; makes recommendations for in-service training; advises manager/program supervisor of professional development needs of staff; maintains own knowledge through professional development.
- Oversees the AFCS Short term Child care programs at Ottawa Women’s Shelters
- Respects confidentiality and relates to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
- Approves expenditures within budgetary guidelines and responsible for accuracy and timeliness of financial data; approves Time Solutions payroll, attendance and absence requests for EarlyON staff.
- Other duties may be required
- Minimum five years’ experience in family support programs.
- Early Childhood Education or other equivalent post-secondary education training
- RECE in good standing required
- Clear Police Record Check (Vulnerable sector) completed in the last 6 months
- Demonstrated sensitivity in supporting families and children
- Working knowledge of related community resources in the Ottawa area
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong knowledge of word processing, data management and other computer skills compatible with what is current in the software industry as well as what is being used at AFCS.
- Training and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Use of a car is essential