Home Child Care Team Lead
Works collaboratively with the Director of Home Child Care (HCC) program to ensure the overall provision of high quality, nurturing, inclusive, supportive and stimulating home environments which care for children aged up to 12 years of age. Participates in the leadership of program planning, evaluation of services, management of admissions and communication with families and the wider community. Maintains the HCC Consultant role for a reduced caseload.
- To perform duties in accordance with the mission statement and core values of AFCS & the mandate of HCC.
- To secure and facilitate licensed home child care placements that meet the childcare and developmental needs of children and their families.
- To ensure a licensed home child care environment that meets the requirements of CCEYA and promotes optimum physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth of the children.
- To assume a supervisory and leadership role to the HCC team and oversee special projects within the HCC program.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing leadership and mentors HCC program employees, students and volunteers; may schedule work and assign responsibilities; acts as a designate to approve work hours and absences for payroll; participating in staff hiring and development; facilitating communication among staff; acting as role model and providing leadership to the HCC team.
- Participating in quarterly and annual performance reviews of the HCC team.
- Participating in ongoing program planning, strategic planning and program evaluation to ensure high quality of service delivery.
- Leading and supporting pilot projects within the HCC Team; and assuming key leadership role in preparation and on going monitoring of HCC program licensing requirements.
- Ensuring the effective coordination of trainings to support the needs of Home Child Care Providers.
- Ensuring staff remain current and knowledgeable; making recommendations for training; advising HCC Program Director of professional development needs of staff; maintaining own knowledge through professional development.
- Acts as a champion and leads pedagogical practices within the HCC program.
- Respecting confidentiality and relating to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Program Director.
- Minimum five years experience working with children and families with a strong knowledge of licensed home childcare
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Home Child Care programs, or family support programs, offering services to child care providers in a consultative role
- Early Childhood Education or other equivalent post-secondary education
- RECE in good standing with the CECE
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience working with CCEYA for Home Child Care
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Clear Police Record Check (Vulnerable sector)
- Demonstrated sensitivity in supporting families and children
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft suite, databases, and other computer programs compatible with what is current in the software industry as well as what is being used at AFCS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Use of a car is essential